2016 Summer Show Schedule is launched…
The summer Show will be taking place this year on the 16th of July at St Georges School in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
Come and join us on at this most quintessential British event to celebrate the 90th birthday of our Patron, Her Majesty The Queen.
Participate in our competitive classes for all ages (click here to see some of last years winning entries and see if you could do better!)
Bring all the family for a great day out in Windsor and experience one of the most charming Royal Shows of the season.
Put the date in the diary and discover one of Windsor’s best kept Royal Secrets!
The History of The Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society
The Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society is one of the oldest local organisations in Windsor and has been honoured with the patronage of six Sovereigns. Founded in 1892, under the name of the Windsor, Eton and District Horticultural Society, it held an inaugural Show in the Royal Albert Institute on 8th July of that year. Even at this early stage, Royal favour was already being extended to the organisation, for the guests of honour were Princess Christian, daughter of Queen Victoria, who lived at Cumberland Lodge in Windsor Great Park, and Princess Helena of Schleswig-Holstein. From that time every Sovereign has honoured the Society with Patronage. The Society is aimed at all ages in our community. We are all about fun, education and competition centred around our annual summer show held in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
The 111th Show will now be held on Saturday 16th July 2016 at St George’s School, Windsor Castle.
Our Show this year will be celebrating our the 90th birthday of our Patron,
Her majesty The Queen and will include:
- Over 100 competitive classes for all ages and all abilities in Horticulture, Cooking, Baking, Flower Arranging and Crafts
- Show stopping floral arrangements celebrating 90 years
- children’s competition for ages under 8’s and 9-14 year olds
- Pubs in bloom competition
- Full day of entertainment, demonstrations and activities
- Beer and Pimms tent sponsored by Windsor and Eton Brewery
- Traditional English Cream Teas on the lawn, members enclosure lunches and concessions
- Trade stands with high quality British produce.
- Prize Giving by Constable and Governor of Windsor Castle Admiral Sir James Perowne KBE
The summer show is not just a rose and flower show, the Society includes many other horticultural classes for amateur growers. The floral exhibits produce some exciting and splendid arrangements and have a large following of enthusiasts. There are many prizes available for the lucky winners. There are also classes for craft, home economics, wines and photography, plus many classes for children. See our section Summer Show for more information. To join email membership secretary Susann Laughton at firstname.lastname@example.org