This year's summer show schedule is now available to download here:
“Speakers Announced for Launch Party”
Join us for the Summer Show Launch Party at 7pm at Gardeners Hall Windsor on Friday the 23rd of February 2018, and get inspired by our celebrity gardeners and chefs with tips and secrets on entering our competitive classes at this years Summer Show..
- Celebrity Chefs and authors, Giancarlo and Katie Caldesi
- Flower arranging legend, Judith Blacklock
- Bake Off, Creme de la Creme winner, Mark Tilling
- Expert Plantsman, Chris Smith
Summer Show, Saturday 14th July, St Georges School, Windsor Castle, 11 am till 5 pm
For Information about the Society, what we do and how to join…scroll down
The summer Show took place on the 15th of July 2017 at St Georges School, Windsor Castle.
Here are some of the highlights of this years show
From the top left. Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex with fashion designer David Emanuel and Society chairman Andrew Try, The Balloon Man, The Imposed Class in full swing, RWRHS Trustee and ex show manager of RHS Chelsea, Alex Denman reviews the competition tent, entertainment from Susan Handy School of Dance, World Champion Chocolatier and Great British Bake Off Creme de la Creme winner Mark Tilling judges the cakes.
Participate in our competitive classes for all ages (click here to see some of last years winning entries and see if you could do better!)
Bring all the family for a great day out in Windsor and experience one of the most charming Royal Shows of the season.
Put the date in the diary and discover one of Windsor’s best kept Royal Secrets!
The History of The Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society
The Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society is one of the oldest local organisations in Windsor and has been honoured with the patronage of six Sovereigns. Founded in 1892, under the name of the Windsor, Eton and District Horticultural Society, it held an inaugural Show in the Royal Albert Institute on 8th July of that year. Even at this early stage, Royal favour was already being extended to the organisation, for the guests of honour were Princess Christian, daughter of Queen Victoria, who lived at Cumberland Lodge in Windsor Great Park, and Princess Helena of Schleswig-Holstein. From that time every Sovereign has honoured the Society with Patronage. The Society is aimed at all ages in our community. We are all about fun, education and competition centred around our annual summer show held in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
Our Show this year will be celebrating the 70th wedding anniversary of our Patron,
Her majesty The Queen and will include:
- Over 100 competitive classes for all ages and all abilities in Horticulture, Cooking, Baking, Flower Arranging and Crafts
- Show stopping floral arrangements celebrating 90 years
- children’s competition for ages under 8’s and 9-14 year olds
- Pubs in bloom competition
- Full day of entertainment, demonstrations and activities
- Beer and Pimms tent sponsored by Windsor and Eton Brewery
- Traditional English Cream Teas on the lawn, members enclosure lunches and concessions
- Trade stands with high quality British produce.
- Prize Giving by Constable and Governor of Windsor Castle Admiral Sir James Perowne KBE
The summer show is not just a rose and flower show, the Society includes many other horticultural classes for amateur growers. The floral exhibits produce some exciting and splendid arrangements and have a large following of enthusiasts. There are many prizes available for the lucky winners. There are also classes for craft, home economics, wines and photography, plus many classes for children. See our section Summer Show for more information.
To join email membership secretary Susann Laughton at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below to join now.