Grow for the Show 2015
General Public tickets now on sale for our next event
Members Free of charge, general public £8 on the door, £5 with Windsor Express promotion.
27th February, 7 pm, Gardeners Hall, Windsor, SL4 3DR
Join us to meet and experience The Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society.
“interested people doing interesting things”
- Martha Collison, the youngest ever contestant to star in the hit BBC One cookery series the Great British Bake Off 2014
- Harvey Stephens, Head of Savill Gardens and a life-long horticulturalist, passionate about roses
- Mridula Baljekar, award-winning cookery writer and chef who also has her own line of gourmet products, of which her Rhubarb Chutney was awarded a Double Gold Star in the Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards
- Dave Snowden, a Berkshire hobby cider maker who is turning his passion into a local business
Each of them will be sharing their passion and knowledge in their field of expertise to inspire you to take part in this years’ Summer Show.
There will be a range of cakes and treats on offer to try as well as refreshments provided by Cider Dave as well as our long term supporter, The Windsor and Eton Brewery.
Welcome to The Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society
The Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society is one of the oldest local organisations in Windsor and has been honoured with the patronage of six Sovereigns. Founded in 1892, under the name of the Windsor, Eton and District Horticultural Society, it held an inaugural Show in the Royal Albert Institute on 8th July of that year. Even at this early stage, Royal favour was already being extended to the organisation, for the guests of honour were Princess Christian, daughter of Queen Victoria, who lived at Cumberland Lodge in Windsor Great Park, and Princess Helena of Schleswig-Holstein. From that time every Sovereign has honoured the Society with Patronage. The Society is aimed at all ages in our community. We are all about fun, education and competition centred around our annual summer show held in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
The 110th Show will now be held on Saturday 18th July 2015 at St George’s School, Windsor Castle.
Our Show this year will have:
- Over 100 competitive classes for all ages and all abilities in Horticulture, Cooking, Baking, Flower Arranging and Crafts
- children’s competition for ages under 8’s and 9-14 year olds
- Pubs in bloom competition
- Full day of entertainment, demonstrations and activities
- Beer tent sponsored by Windsor and Eton Brewery
- Traditional English Cream Teas on the lawn, members enclosure lunches and concessions
- Trade stands with high quality British produce.
- Prize Giving by Constable and Governor of Windsor Castle Admiral Sir James Perowne KBE
The summer show is not just a rose and flower show, the Society includes many other horticultural classes for amateur growers. The floral exhibits produce some exciting and splendid arrangements and have a large following of enthusiasts. There are many prizes available for the lucky winners. There are also classes for craft, home economics, wines and photography, plus many classes for children. See our section Summer Show for more information. To join email membership secretary Susann Laughton at email@example.com