Welcome to The Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society
- Get involved
The Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society is one of the oldest local organisations in Windsor and has been honoured with the patronage of six Sovereigns.
Founded in 1892, under the name of the Windsor, Eton and District Horticultural Society, it held an inaugural Show in the Royal Albert Institute on 8th July of that year. Even at this early stage, Royal favour was already being extended to the organisation, for the guests of honour were Princess Christian, daughter of Queen Victoria, who lived at Cumberland Lodge in Windsor Great Park, and Princess Helena of Schleswig-Holstein.
From that time every Sovereign has honoured the Society with Patronage.
The Society is aimed at all ages in our community. We are all about fun, education and competition centred around our annual summer show held in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
Click the picture below and check out the video of our 107th Anual Show
- Over 100 competitive classes for all ages and all abilities in Horticulture, Cooking, Baking, Flower Arranging and Crafts
- Childrens competition for ages under 8′s and 9-14 year olds
- Pubs in bloom competition
- Full day of entertainment, demonstrations and activities
- Beer tent sponsored by Windsor and Eton Brewery
- Traditional English Cream Teas on the lawn, members enclosure lunches and concessions
- Trade stands with high quality British produce.
- Prize Giving by Constable and Governor of Windsor Castle Air Marshal Ian Macfadyen CB OBE
The summer show is not just a rose and flower show, the Society includes many other horticultural classes for amateur growers. The floral exhibits produce some exciting and splendid arrangements and have a large following of enthusiasts. There are many prizes available for the lucky winners.
There are also classes for craft, home economics, wines and photography, plus many classes for children.
See our section Summer Show for more information.
Get started and join by visiting our on line shop which you can find on the right hand side of this page